BREAKING THROUGH tO 5.12
Squamish, September 15 – 17
Gain insight on your climbing performance in an intensive outdoor weekend program!
This program is aimed at adult climbers who are currently working in the 5.11’s, 12- range, with a real interest in moving to the next level.
DAY ONE (Friday the 15th)
– Warm welcome. Get to know each other, chat about everyone’s favourite topic, climbing! (and how to improve) 😉
– Lead climbing in the gym, discussion of goals and expectations
– Watch videos of their climbing on past projects
– Brief discussion on:
- Strength and conditioning (Patrick)
- Squamish sport climbing technique lesson (Jeremy)
- Injury prevention (Patrick)
- Route projecting experience slide show (Jeremy)
- The mental game (Hans)
DAY TWO (Saturday the 16th)
– Meet at the gym and warm up with Patrick and Jeremy
– Head for the rocks!
– Commence with easy routes
– Discuss focus and climbing systems
– Start working routes at the upper end of difficulties
– Work on: rests, technique, movement, addressing the process of projecting
– Video Rec’
– Mental training drills with Hans:
- Analyze videos from the morning
- Break down the process
DAY THREE (Sunday the 17th)
– Meet at the Gym
– Warm up
– Head to the rocks and crush
– Project the projects!
– “Report cards”
– Assessments and discussion (improvement and where to focus)
– Discuss strengths and weaknesses and personal goals
This is a great opportunity for motivated climbers to experience some outstanding Squamish rock with some of the top coaches from the Ground Up Performance Team and ACMG guides.
The camp is run by our Strength and Conditioning Coach (Patrick Humphries), Mental Training coach (Hans Montenegro) , and an ACMG guide (Jeremy Blumel).
We’re looking forwards to seeing this program unfold and developing the climbing capacity of some psyched individuals!
Members (active) Pricing $675
Non-members Pricing $750
Prices include tax.
Contact the front desk for further details.