INTERESTED IN JOINING THE GROUND UP TEAM?
Ground Up is currently looking for a few inspired (and inspiring!) individuals.
FRONT DESK STAFF
The Front Desk Staff champion the art of greeting and treating our clients, flicking the wrist to create latte masterpieces, and wielding a broom, a mop or vacuum to keep our facility looking its best. Our ideal candidate has a profound passion for sharing climbing and our wonderful squamish community with everyone they meet.
This is a Part Time Position
- Fondly reminisced and recent experience in Customer Service
- Current first aid and CPR certification. Wilderness First Aid desired
- A friendly disposition and teamwork mentality
- A strong sense of compassion mixed with a respect for the rules in place to protect customers and the business
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive data and personal information
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Exemplary customer service at all times
- Taking and managing bookings for belay sessions, programs, and events
- keeping the centre squeaky clean and looking professional
- making teas, espresso, lattes, caps, and all the other wonderful cafe options you can imagine.
- Awareness and management of risk inherent to the gym; helping customers be the safest and most knowledgable they can be around climbing activities.
- Helping to manage and coordinate group belay sessions, occasionally also belaying for said sessions.
- Having sound knowledge of retail items that Ground Up carries, ready to point customers in the right direction.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Experience using Rock Gym Pro, climbing gym software ( desired, not required).
- Association of Canadian Mountain Guides Climbing Gym Instructor Certification
- Membership to Ground Up
- Great discounts on gear, food and coffee
- One free coffee/tea per day worked
- Working with an incredible team of dedicated people whose only real goal is to provide an awesome platform for foundational community and climbing development.
- Hourly pay. Based on prior experience and certification.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 2 employment references to
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.