INTERESTED IN JOINING THE GROUND UP TEAM?
We are currently looking for routesetting and ongoing casual belay staff. Please drop off Cover level and CV with employment references at the desk, or to the manager identified in the job posting.
ROUTE SETTER POSTING
Ground Up is looking for a motivated Routesetter to join it’s setting team. We are looking for someone who can create varied and interesting climbing for all ability levels. The position on offer is 2 days a week, Monday and Tuesday, from 6am-noon. Setting and forerunning can be a very physical job and an appropriate level of fitness is required.
At least 3 years climbing experience
- Ability to climb 5.12 and V6 in many varied styles
- Past setting experience an asset
- Team work and communication skills a must
- Passion for climbing and community
- Desire to continually work to improve your own climbing and setting skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- CGI Level 1 (a requirement for working at height, this certification will be necessary if hired)
- Self motivated, with the ability to work in a team
- Assist in wall maintenance
- Help maintain setting room and equipment
- Work safely on a rope or ladder
- Create interesting movement on Boulders and Routes
- Make safe setting choices on Boulders and Routes
- Participate and contribute in all team forerunning
- Assist team members as needed
- Hold cleaning
- Membership to Ground Up
- Great discounts on gear, food and coffee
- One free coffee/tea per day worked
- Working with an incredible team of dedicated people whose only real goal is to provide an awesome platform for foundational community and climbing development.
For this position we like to have a “guest set” where the applicant can come in on a setting day and show their ability. If this position is of interest to you, or you have some questions regarding it, please contact Tim.